Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sheryl Crowe- "ONE SQUARE FOR YOUR DERRIERE"

Thank you Sheryl Crowe for your creative solution to global warming. You make Al Gore look like a genius. But you didn't stop there, here is another quotation from your website about an even more brilliant idea for saving our forests and preventing global warming:

"I also like the idea of not using paper napkins, which happen to be made from
virgin wood and represent the height of wastefulness. I have designed a clothing
line that has what's called a "dining sleeve." The sleeve is detachable and can
be replaced with another "dining sleeve," after usage. The design will offer the
"diner" the convenience of wiping his mouth on his sleeve rather than throwing
out yet another barely used paper product. I think this idea could also
translate quite well to those suffering with an annoying head cold."

I'm so stunned by Ms. Crowe's understanding of global warming and her "solutions" I don't know what to say. Maybe some of my readers can help me out. Please try to be polite, children might be reading this.

Peter

MIKE LESTER'S KILLED CARTOON
Do you think Mike's potty humor cartoon (below) should have been killed? E-mail us and let us know. Here are Mike's comments for the blog:
I didn't contribute anything to the recently published "Killed Cartoons" compilation because it rarely happens and hopefully, I usually kill my bad ideas. But today was different. First, I was surprised when I saw no cartoonists weigh in on the Sheryl Crowe suggestion of, "ONE SQUARE FOR YOUR DERRIERE" as one british publication put it. Frankly, for a conservative like me who loves whacking celebs, it was a "batting practice" fastball story.
The original Ms. Crowe's blog entry can be found here.
An excerpt:
"I propose a limitation be put on how many sqares [sic] of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don't want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required. When presenting this idea to my younger brother, who's judgement [sic] I trust implicitly, he proposed taking it one step further. I believe his quote was, 'how bout just washing the one square out.'"


Now, if you're a cartoonist and you've already drawn polar bears stranded on a tiny ice berg and the earth as a well done piece of meat on W's grill you've pretty much cast your Global Warming ticket. Me? Not so much. So I penned the cartoon below and for one very big reason was killed: Potty humor. C'est la vie.
Mike Lester



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheryl Crow says the toilet paper comment was just a joke. Well I hope so.. but I still think it'd be fun to tp her house.

Peter said...

Real funny joke. She makes Al Gore look intelligent. She is the joke. Her bus tour spewing carbon dioxide emitting biodiesel fuel is a joke. I'm mildly amused. It is not much of a challenge to make fun of her, she is such an easy target. It is like having a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed.