Sunday, October 7, 2007

Geologists Views On Climat Change

An interesting comment about geologists.

Peter



May 22nd, 2005
Climate: Geological Views #1
By Steve McIntyre


I gave a speech last week at my tennis/squash club on climate change (which presents speeches from time to time). I included some geological concepts that I don’t usually have an opportunity to talk about. The class of scientist who tend to be most unimpressed with IPCC-type climate science are geologists - which is where I got started in this. If you took an Oreskes-type survey among geologists, I don’t believe for a minute that you would get anything like IPCC solidarity. Unlike most scientists, geologists also happen to know a lot about climate history. Here’s an interesting graphic that I used: Read the rest of this entry »

No comments: